Saturday, October 9, 2010

Treatment and Pain Management

Treatment
(Your doctor will suggest the best option)

Posterior Fossa (Brain) Decompression Surgery - A piece from the base of your skull and sometimes the top part of the C1 vertebrae is removed. This is to allow more room for the brain and to relieve pressure. The relief of pressure should help the flow of Cerebralspinalfluid (CSF).

Illustrated explanation

Pain Management

For me personally, when I have head and neck pain... I go right for my icepack. It's a rectangular shape and molds around my neck. It freezes the pain. It doesn't always work; but 9/10 times it helps better than heat for me.

There are the usual pain relievers...which don't work at all for me. (Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Aleve, etc)
 As always consulting your doctor is the best for pain management. It is hard to find things that truly work to stop the pain. There are migraine preventative medicines and ones to take at the onset of a migraine. Although, if the pain is not a normal headache/migraine...well we're pretty much screwed.

I am not a doctor. My information comes from personal experience and Internet research.


Other Stuff....
Just a repost for the article on Chiari...Please read the link:) Click it, read it, repost it on your site/blog/fb/twitter whichever!

Living with Chiari on Health Mad

Also, I just recently got my MRI's on a CD so I will be posting them soon.

Thats all for now:)
-Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment