Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Killer Cough

Wow.....so I have been gone since last september! My apologies. Since I've been away for so long, I guess there are a few things I should say:
Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas! and Happy New Years!
(Did I forget anything?)
--

Real life kicked in and I got caught up in it. On a positive note, I finally started my craft shop on Etsy: BearlyBurnt - Etsy and I have a facebook page (BearlyBurnt - FB) set up with all my projects and previous works. Check them out O.o

I decided to change up the colors a bit. Not bad. There are only so many shades of purple that can be changed around to keep it Chiari related. I also added some pages under the Blog title at the top. I adding more/editing them a little better soon. (I hope)
--
 

Update on me as of right now: I'm sick. Stupid ass flu. I've been sick since last thursday. Which brings me to the name of this post. Killer cough. Those of you with Chiari will understand. Any cough, sneeze, stretch, poop (or Bender as dad calls it), or any other straining of the muscles in the back - connected to the brain area.... KILLER. If you've ever had the flu..you know how much it sucks in the first place. I had the ridiculous pain all over, pain-sensitive to the touch, extreme chills, burning fevers, chest congestion. This was the begining of it. Oh I forgot headache/headpain. How could I forget? It then progressed to sweats, runny/stuffy nose, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, and the rest listed before. Oh and the head pain that wouldn't go away....which was more of a background aching that just hung around mocking "Well everything else hurts so I thought I'd join in and hang out". Literally every cough pounded my head. With every cough it felt like my brain was going to pop out of my skull. (Oh wait..it already is) So much pressure. It wasn't even that I was coughing a lot (Thank God!) it was the severity of the coughing and the straining. If you only knew what that felt like.
Now a week later, I am starting to feel better. *knocksonwood*
--

I posted a few days ago asking my facebookers on Chiari-Life for topics. So far everyone as come up with some great ideas. I will do some research on them to have a better idea on what I can tell you.
What to look for in upcoming posts:
-Weather and its affect on Chiari Malformation
-What causes the never ending headpain (I'd like to know this myself)
-Does diet effect your symptoms
-Pediatric Chiari
-Syrinx and Nerve Damage
-Arachnoid Cysts
-Lupus & Chiari (I think I will add other related disorders as well)
-Life after surgery and diagnosis (This is tough as everyone is different. On the other hand...this topic is the general idea of my blog)
--

I have created a board on Pinterest (I'm so addicted to this site) for Chiari-Life. Follow Chiari-Life on Pinterest

Until next time!
-Alicia

3 comments:

  1. I found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts, thought I would say thank you for all the great content. Keep it coming! I will try to stop by here more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of information in the article are very helpful to our Treatment, very good article, Keep up the good! It is worthy of my learning,thank you for sharing this info.
    Neck Pain Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you:)
    Be sure to follow and Like on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete